Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'd have you anytime by Evan Rachel Wood - Video - Official Post

We finally have some news about the "I'd Have You Anytime" video, apparently the early version I posted wasn't meant to be online because it wasn't the final edit. The old post with the links to the video has been deleted and you will find the final versions here.


Today's release of the final version of the videos marks the celebration of George Harrison birthday, had he not passed away in 2001, today would have been his 69th birthday.
The video final version is available here for two days then it will be published on the official Amnesty Youtube channel where you can find also the short documentary on the making of of the song.



If you haven't yet go listen to the "Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International" record on Amnesty site, it's pretty great :) and if you want to support the cause buy, if not the whole album, Evan's song, at least you'll have the high quality version and you'd have given a dollar for a very good cause :)


Following Evan's full statement on the project from the official Amnesty Press release: 
"I'm very proud indeed to have sung "I'd Have You Anytime" for the new album of Bob Dylan compositions commemorating the 50th anniversary of Amnesty International. Among the musical artists I've always admired are Bob Dylan and the Beatles.   When I was discussing with Martin Lewis what Dylan song I might record for Amnesty’s anniversary album, he mentioned that though Dylan primarily wrote alone - there was a little-known song from 1968 that was a writing collaboration between Dylan and one of the Beatles.  I was intrigued about that.  Martin played me the song and I really liked the beauty and sensitivity of it.  Having sung several Beatles compositions in the movie "Across The Universe" - I felt an immediate connection to the song.   Martin then mentioned that he had an idea to have the song arranged and recorded in a late 1930's Billie Holiday style.  I totally love Billie Holiday's voice.  So now I was looking at a recording project that had elements of Bob Dylan, George Harrison and Billie Holiday!   As a fund-raiser for a great cause.  It was just meant to be! I loved recording the song and I'm thrilled with how the finished track sounds.  Knowing that George Harrison's work as a humanitarian helped inspire some of the fund-raising work for Amnesty International and that this track therefore honors George Harrison as well as Bob Dylan and Amnesty makes this really special for me.   I hope that people get pleasure from the work we did in recording this song and music video.  And that people will buy the track to help raise funds to support Amnesty's vital human rights work." Evan Rachel Wood - February 2012

For more details on the project check the Beatles news site


No comments:

Post a Comment