Monday, October 24, 2011

Ides of March - Guardian Interview

I extracted some excerpts from the interview, but you really have to read it because it's one of the best I read lately, the link is at the bottom of the post.

About George Clooney: "He's kind of an Across the Universe geek,"
 ...
She didn't hang around with interns in Washington to research the part: "I hang out in Hollywood: that's pretty political."

...
"I was getting really envious of guys being able to wear suits and run their fingers through their hair and that was all they had to do. I thought, screw it, I'm going to do that. I don't know how I'm ever going to go back now."
Please don't 
...

"There's a lot more pressure on women to look a certain way, to be skinny, to be this and that. I think that's one of the reasons why I chopped all my hair off. I was just like, 'No, I'm not doing this.'"
"You'll drive yourself crazy because you're never going to be the perfect weight, you're never going to be the perfect anything."
...

About her being bisexual: "it's a big part of who I am and growing up when I was feeling unsure about myself and my feelings, I would hear about actresses I looked up to being very open about it. So if I can return the favour and somebody who is freaking out and confused about themselves can hear: 'You're not the only one and this is totally normal and fine and there's nothing to be ashamed about' then right on."
... 
...her first role, at the age of four, playing "a dancing, singing white rabbit. My whole family are artists on both sides. There's no escaping. I think if someone in the family said they wanted to be a lawyer or accountant it would be like: 'What? You want an office job?'"
... 
"She was home-schooled because work clashed so much with her education and her teachers gave "me more of a hard time than the kids did. They thought I was stuck up, or, I don't know, they were bitter teachers that were like, 'This girl must think she's better than everyone else' but if anything, it just made me feel more like an outcast. I just wanted to hide."
Were other kids jealous too? She smiles. "I used to get beat up in elementary school for the same reason. They would assume I was this spoilt little brat. In fifth grade, I would get held and spit on and people would throw basketballs at me and shit. It sucked. I never even fought back. I would be like: 'Why? I've never done anything, I'm not bothering you.'"
... 
About Manson and his divorce: "If you don't know me or the situation, then you can't really have an opinion about it," she says. "The real story has never been told and I've never felt the need to come out and defend myself, because I know what happened and I know I'm not that. I don't need people's approval of my personal life."


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment