Thursday, October 27, 2011

New interview for Scotsman.com

During her latest visit to the UK Evan has been very generous with interviews so yet another one from scotsman.com. Below a few extracts:




On her childhood“I was always kind of marching to my own drum, and I was always the black sheep. People think when you’re an actress and you’re beautiful that you must have had it so easy and, if anything, it made me feel more of an outcast.” 
On the fame“It’s hard because if you could read any note that’s been passed about you, or hear any bad thing anyone’s ever said, if I wanted to, I could hear it all. When you’re happy with yourself, it doesn’t matter what people say about you, and I think that was my problem: it will get to you if you have some issue you haven’t dealt with.”
On her sexuality: “I knew there was this side of me that I had my whole life and I hadn’t explored it, and I wanted to do that. Because I want to know myself and I wanted to be confident in that area of my life. And I certainly did that,” she smiles, “and it was great. And then I felt confident enough to come out with it, because I’d explored it, and I knew that it was real and me, and that there was nothing to be ashamed or afraid of.”
Had she been unhappy keeping it a secret? “Yeah, because you’re unsure and it’s terrifying. When you’re in the public eye it makes it scarier because you don’t know how people are going to react. But that’s why you have to be you. You’ve got to be you.”
Source

I also updated the Ides of March junkets post with some new interviews from the bfi London Film Festival here

No comments:

Post a Comment